You can be forgiven overlooking the prospect of multiplayer gaming in slots. However, recent years have brought Top Dog Slots a range of online multiplayer slots that can give the standard experience a little more bite.
What Are Multiplayer Slots?
A multiplayer slot machine can be comprised of several common elements:
- Single-player slot update: Quite often, a software provider will revisit a previously released title in their back catalogue and then upgrade the slot with multiplayer capabilities.
- Community slots: In some slots, you will get to converse with fellow players through live chat. This can take the form of friendly banter and perhaps some mild boasting over who has the better chance of winning.
- Social elements: There have also been multiplayer slots that integrate aspects from social media platforms, such as connectivity with Facebook and Twitter. Such an approach affords you the luxury of playing against your friends’ list.
- Competitive gaming: A major draw for playing slots in this manner is that multiple players get to compete on leaderboards or in tournaments to try and win cash and/or prizes. Progress can be tracked based on winnings, wagering, or actions.
- Team slots: Slots have also played a role in team events, whereby your progress would be combined with that of your team as part of an attempt to defeat another. Naturally, you could expect to receive some form of prize for doing so.
What Ways Are There to Play?
Being an effective at multiplayer slots will require experience in more than one of the areas that are outlined below:
- Leaderboards: All progress is charted and updated on a leaderboard of casino users. In many cases, leaderboards are focused on determining which players are wagering the most funds, but winnings can also be tracked.
- Tourneys: In a tourney, you could find that the playing of slots is based on completing actions, such as reaching bonus rounds of triggering free spins. Each time you do so results in points that can advance you in the tourney.
- Competitions: There is another way to play that comes with much pageantry. Competitions are often about meeting the entry requirements for a prize draw. For example, you could have to hit a wagering threshold first.
- Teams: These competitive slots can ask for you to pick a side. They can give added enjoyment for slot titles that feature combative story elements relating to more than one faction.
- Promotions: Any of the ways above can be utilised in a promotional event that is designed to bring players together. Of course, you could find that something new comes along one day to pique your interest.
How Do I Use the Social Components?
Social components are designed to be easily used and should not be difficult to navigate. In our experience, you will probably come across these social slot features more than others:
- Chat boxes: Look for these boxes to the side of the screen, with comments continuously being added to the list. Chat boxes are usually found in the lobby, so as to avoid distracting players. Simply type in a comment when you feel ready.
- Choose your team: You could be asked to make this decision once the slot loads up, but you could also be asked to pick a team by sending an email to the address provided on a promotional event’s page.
- Leaderboards: For smaller-scale slots, it is possible to track all of the latest progress on an in-game leaderboard. However, some casino leaderboards have to track thousands of players, and so are accessible on an event page.
- Simultaneous play: There have been multiplayer slots where the screen is divided into four, thus giving more than user the ability to play at the same time.
- Communal payouts: For any slot or event, look in the promotional terms to see how the payments work. The best players could end up winning cash, while the next level receives bonuses instead.
- Group prizes: This could be an even split among the top performers, or perhaps a greater weighting for the leaders on one team.
Cooperation vs. Competition
In the comparing of cooperation versus competition within multiplayer slots, you can start by looking at these points. Hopefully they can help you find the slots that suit you the best.
When cooperating, you can have the advantage of putting in less effort and still coming away with a prize. On the flip-side, such a strategy simply is not possible for individual competitions. The most active and hard-working players will always prevail.
On a team, you have to make do with a smaller share of the loot. Casual players have a greater chance of winning something, but the amount can be smaller. Meanwhile, competitive players can take larger cash shares if they manage do well.
Best Multiplayer Slots at Top Dog
We are the Top Dog for multiplayer slots, so look no further than these highly recommended ways to play with others. Have a gander to see which you fancy targeting.
At Top Dog Slots, VIPs gain access to some very special events. With Pizza Club, you have the chance to win delicious food each and every Sunday. To succeed, you need to perform as one of the top-five VIPs in terms of wagering. Pick any slots you wish to play on during that Sunday.
The challenge of this event is to place among the first 250 players to deposit after midnight on a Tuesday. Do this successfully and your reward shall be to gain 20 free spins for you and you alone.
Watch out for any upcoming tourneys and competitions coming to Top Dog Slots. These will be revealed on our promotional page and shall give you the chance to compete for cash, prizes, or bonuses.
If you haven’t already tried multiplayer slots, then why not start today at Top Dog Slots? The best social slots have already been pointed out. Join today and you could make 500 free spins from the Mega Reel!