Snow Queen Riches
With snow mentioned in the title of this engaging slot game, you won’t be surprised to see an icy landscape awaiting you here. Look more closely and the white-and-blue colour scheme reveals the Snow Queen’s Castle in the background. But will the Snow Queen herself be generous to you, or will she be a queen you will not wish to meet?
Based on the famous Snow Queen tale originally written by Hans Christian Andersen, this slot delivers on many appealing levels.
Who created Snow Queen Riches?
This slot was developed by 2by2 Gaming, based in Chicago, Illinois. While they may not be the most familiar of software developers, they’ve got some impressive slot titles to their name already:
- Cosmic Invaders
- Giant Riches
- Humpty Dumpty Wild Riches
Exploring the design
The white and blue elements provide a chilly feel to this slot. However, there is plenty of detail in all the icons that may appear, including the Snow Queen herself.
The design looks great if you play on a large computer screen, of course. Yet it also looks good if you go for the Snow Queen Riches slot mobile alternative. The controls are kept to a minimum at the foot of the reels, making it easy to play in every respect.
Basic features to watch out for
The Snow Queen Riches slot packs in some solid features to get the game started:
- Five reels
- 25 paylines
- A minimum 25p bet will allow you to cover all 25 lines
- The largest bet on a single spin is £25
There are some important symbols to be aware of as well, so be sure you know what they are before you begin play.
- The Snow Queen is the wild
- She appears on reels two, three, and four
- She can expand on any of those reels
- The Queen’s castle is the scatter
- It will appear only on reels two, three, and four
- One appearing on each reel triggers a scatter prize
Bonuses in the Snow Queen Riches slot
If the Snow Queen appears on one of her three reels, she expands and then awards a free respin. Another win triggers another respin with increasing multipliers each time, to 4x at most.
Two bonus options:
The scatter will often trigger a slot game bonus, and that’s true of this slot game as well. You must get a castle to appear on reels two, three, and four at once. You can then choose one of the following bonuses to play:
- 10 free games with more frequent Frozen Wilds appearing; these can also be retriggered with another three castles
- Wheel of Fortune bonus – if you choose this one, you can spin the wheel to see which multiplier will appear. Could it be the highest possibility at 100x your triggering bet?
Choosing the best strategy when playing Snow Queen Riches
It always makes sense to figure out a strategy prior to playing a slot game. Your paylines are fixed in this game, so whatever bet you choose to play, you will need to play all of them. That is a good thing, especially as the cheapest bet is 25p a spin.
It’s nice that you get to choose your bonus, so you should consider whether you want a high-risk or low-risk bonus to play. The Wheel of Fortune will ensure you do get a win, since all the segments on the reel deliver some type of prize multiplier. However, the free spins are less certain and could deliver a higher or lower total prize amount by the time the 10 free games end.