Finn and the Swirly Spinn
Who is Finn, and what is a swirly spin, we wonder? Finn looks like a happy little leprechaun, so we can expect a lucky theme in action here. But will the slot game send some luck in your direction?
Who created the Finn and the Swirly Spin slot?
We have none other than NetEnt to thank for this one. You may have heard of (and played) some of their other games too:
- Aloha! Cluster Pays
- Bob the Epic Viking Quest
- Fairytale Legends: Hansel & Gretel
- Gonzo’s Quest
So, does Finn and the Swirly Spin have anything different to offer?
Basic elements included in Finn and the Swirly Spin slots
This is not your average slot game, as you’ll see here. The title reveals a huge clue to what you should expect:
- Five reels
- Icons appear five high, giving a 5 x 5 grid arranged in a swirl
- This is a Cluster Pays slot game, so no paylines are provided
- Three or more matching symbols must appear horizontally or vertically to trigger a win
- Minimum spin bet is 10p
- Maximum spin bet is £200
- Choose from 10 bet levels
- Eight different coin values to choose from
Any chance of employing a strategy during play?
The only strategy you’ve got here is to select your preferred coin value and level of play. Keeping each one to the lowest value means you will wager just 10p per spin. This will stretch your budget to the max – ideal for a longer period of play.
Basic features in this slot
This is a star symbol with eyes… easy to spot!
Free spins key
- The key begins play in the bottom left of the screen
- As play progresses, the key moves towards the centre position of the grid
- If all wins are awarded, no further avalanches happen, and the key remains in the centre of the grid, you will win some free spins
This is triggered whenever you win a prize.
- Winning symbols explode
- Everything else moves around the swirl to fill the vacant spaces on the reels
- New icons appear and complete the grid
- If you win something else, the process repeats until no new wins are achieved
Random base game features
There are four of these:
- Magic Transform – every spade and heart appearing on the reels is changed to a higher-paying icon; they may not all change into the same thing
- Irish Luck – following a losing spin, a random horizontal or vertical line may change to reveal identical symbols, meaning you’re guaranteed to win something
- Starfall Wilds – at least two wilds are added to the reels. If this doesn’t produce a win, more wilds are added until you do get a winning line. The wilds cannot land on the free spin key
- Dragon Destroy – following a losing spin, random symbols are destroyed to create an avalanche. This will occur in a way that means you’ll certainly win something
The free spin features
Yes, there’s more than one of these too! Each time you unlock the free spins feature, you will collect the triggering key. The more keys you get, the bigger the free spins feature will be.
- One key unlocks Star Bar free spins – 7 free games awarded with between two and five wilds per spin
- Four keys unlock Lava Lair free spins – 3 free games awarded, a sticky wild instead of the free spins key, and a guaranteed win created by destroyed symbols on each spin
- Nine keys unlock Lucky Mug free spins – 4 free games awarded with identical symbols horizontally or vertically triggering a win per spin
- 16 keys unlock Golden Pot free spins – 2 free games awarded with all the spade and heart icons changing into higher-paying symbols on the two spins
Does Finn and the Swirly Spin benefit from a good design?
Yes, and we like the swirly spin part of the game. It can take some getting used to – the best way to figure out all the features is simply to give it a try. You can use the demo mode that features everything we’ve mentioned above to get the hang of it.