Feng Fu is all about fortune and luck… or so says the opening screen that appears when you decide to play this slot game. We see a vision of the Great Wall of China, making it even clearer where we are heading to here. With lucky cats and other Chinese-themed images to spot, where will this game take us?
Who created Feng Fu?
Tom Horn Gaming is behind this release, and they’ve created over 60 other slots for your appreciation too, including these:
- Black Mummy
- Golf Championship
- Monster Madness
- Wheel of Luck
They may not be the best-known of slot developers, but their collection displays some fine games to try out.
What is the design like?
We like the contrast between the pencil-drawn background in shades of the same colour, and the bright colours used on the reels themselves. It’s an unusual concept and one that works very nicely. We love the golden icons appearing as well, with fish, cats, and monkeys appearing among others.
There are five golden animals in all, and these are used as the high-value symbols when calculating your prizes. You will then see six low-value symbols all shown as different Chinese letters. These pay in three prize amounts, with multipliers on your line bet shown in each case for getting three, four, or five matching symbols from the left side of a line.
Basic elements to look out for
The Feng Fu slot presents you with several aspects you’ll want to be aware of. This is not a complex slot game, but it does have some nice elements in play:
- Five reels
- Nine paylines
- You can use coins worth between 5p and £100 per line
- Total bet if covering all the lines is between 45p and a huge £900
Having just nine lines to bet on is nice, but the higher minimum line bet means it doesn’t qualify as a penny slot. Meanwhile, the ‘i’ button reveals the paytable, where information about the key symbols is revealed.
- Chinese symbols are written on a red and gold gong
- It will replace everything except for the scatter and the expanding wild used in the free spins
- The black and white yin-yang symbol is the scatter
- Three or more scatters will grant a scatter prize multiplier of your bet
- This will only appear in the free spins bonus feature
- It is shown as a golden dragon
- It will only appear on reels two, three, and four in this feature
- If an expanding wild contributes to a win, you will receive a multiplier
- One, two, or three expanding wilds add a 2x, 4x, or 8x multiplier respectively
Bonus possibilities in the Feng Fu slot
We already know about the free spins, so let’s take the opportunity to find out more about them here. This is the only bonus you can expect from Feng Fu.
- Three or more scatters award 10 free spins
- You can trigger these spins again the same way while playing the first set
- Watch out for the expanding wild to appear over the middle three reels
- Free spins are always awarded in sets of 10, regardless of whether you get three or more triggering scatters
Can you play with a strategy?
There is no real need to try a strategy here. We always suggest you use all the available lines, whether you’re checking out the Feng Fu slot mobile version or the regular version on your computer. Make sure you are happy with the 5p minimum line bet as well, so you can play a few spins on Feng Fu without worrying about your budget.