Bookie of Odds
The mention of a bookie in the title makes this an odds-on favourite to be related to horse racing. That is the case, too, as the Bookie of Odds slot game puts us right on the track to watch the horses on the reels. No prior knowledge of racing is required to enjoy this one – just a look at our review of this game.
Who created the Bookie of Odds slot?
None other than Microgaming, as it turns out. They’re behind countless other popular slot games, with the following among the highlights in their collection:
- Asian Beauty
- Hot as Hades
- The Twisted Circus
One thing you can count on with Microgaming is a good design and several notable features. This slot is no different, even though it is possibly one of the less complex ones you will have seen coming from their collection.
Basic facts about Bookie of Odds
We’ve distilled the basics about this game into the following points for you:
- Five reels
- 10 fixed paylines
- Lowest spin bet is 10p
- Highest spin bet is £25
You can also try the Bookie of Odds slot mobile version if you’d rather play on the go than on your regular computer. Having just 10 lines means you can play the game for a low spin bet each time, covering all the fixed lines as you do so.
Could you employ a game strategy?
There is a chance to respin one of the reels following each main spin if you wish. The amount charged for doing so will be shown underneath each reel. The greater the odds of securing a big prize, the higher the respin value will be.
Our preference would be to stick with a low bet per spin rather than continually using the respin feature. There’s no guarantee you would net a prize, and it could mean your budget is exhausted far more quickly if you use this feature.
Special features to expect in Bookie of Odds
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty of this game, shall we?
- Shown as a gold book
- It will replace all other symbols in the hope of forming a winning combo
- The gold book takes on this role as well
- This is the trigger for the free spins
- Three, four, or five scattered books trigger the feature
- These would net you 10, 12, or 25 free spins
- A randomly selected special symbol is chosen before the spins begin
- Whenever this symbol appears, it can expand to complete its reel
- This will only occur if a win can be formed by doing so
- This is an optional feature
- Pay the amount shown under your chosen reel to spin it again
- This can be done an unlimited number of times, with a charge for each spin
- The respin charge shown is dependent on the bet you placed for that spin, i.e. the higher your bet, the higher the respin value will be
Does this slot game boast an excellent design?
Yes – you can see the racecourse behind the reels, with the stadium on the left and a couple of fast-approaching horses on the right. All the icons appear on a green background, with the respin words shown in gold on a red background underneath each one.
Everything looks sharp and you’ll see various horses and their jockeys in action too. This is a solid game that should appeal to many players – not just to fans of horse racing. It’s simpler than many other games you might have played from their collection, but it is no less appealing for that.