Dante’s Inferno is famous the world over. It is part of a poem called The Divine Comedy and contains the famed nine circles of Hell. This has inspired the creation of Afterlife: Inferno – a game that takes us through the Underworld to discover what lies beyond…
Who created Afterlife: Inferno?
This is one of many sensational games from Leander Games. While not the best-known of game developers, they’ve had some hugely successful releases:
- Little Pigs Strike Back
- Golden Rome
- Prof Jack Potter’s Reel Stacker
- Trick or Treat?
How good is the design?
You can’t deny this slot has a superb design. The Afterlife part of the title seems to show white light rising from it, while Inferno is in flames. The background shows us an image of Hell, or at least, one of the circles involved in the original poem, and it is impressive indeed.
Basic features of this slot
Afterlife: Inferno follows the journey of Dante and Virgil as they travel through Hell in search of Paradise and the Afterlife. Here are some of the features you’ll encounter as you go on the journey with them:
- Five reels
- 20 fixed paylines
- Play from 20p per spin to £20 per spin
- Dante and Virgil both appear on the reels of this game
- 3 wilds appear – WILD, AFTERLIFE INFERNO, and AFTERLIFE PARADISE
- One or more wilds in a winning line will add a 2x multiplier to the prize
- Wilds do not replace scatters or bonus icons
- The symbol shows a vision of Hell, complete with flames in the background
- This is also a free spins symbol
- Three or more secure a scatter prize too
Does the Afterlife: Inferno slot bring you any bonuses?
Oh yes, so perhaps being in Hell isn’t so bad after all!
Hell Freezes Over
This feature adds up to five wild reels onto the screen. That sounds very nice to us!
- Following a win, a regular wild can turn into a wild reel
- You’ll get a free respin
- The wild reel remains in place for the respin
- If another wild appears, you’ll get another respin, and so on until no more wilds appear
You’ll need to find three or more free spins icons to trigger this bonus. You will get to choose one of three free spins options:
- Inferno free spins
- Purgatory free spins
- Paradise free spins
Here’s what you get in the Inferno version:
- 15 free spins
- Each spin secures a random multiplier of between 3x and 15x
- Free spins can be retriggered
And this is the Purgatory option:
- 15 free spins
- Multiplier increases by 1x on each spin… but only if it is a winning spin
- Two additional scatters give you another free spin
- Three extra scatters bring you three extra free spins
Finally, this is the Paradise alternative:
- 12 free spins
- Spins include temporary sticky wilds
- Each wild will show how many spins it will stay in place for
- Wilds can also be recharged to stay in place for longer
Can you play with a strategy in mind?
The Afterlife: Inferno slot mobile, download, or instant play version can be played without a strategy. The only real option you have is to decide on the level of bet you wish to place on each spin. Our advice would be to choose a bet that makes your budget last for as long as possible.
That means you can enjoy journeying through Hell for longer, to try and reach a win that will make you feel as though you’re in Paradise!